Free free to message me to ask new questions so I can grow the content of this page. More information will help people to use this site and benefit more people.
- What is the vision behind creating this website?
- What is fitnessforpeople.com?
- New member registration process.
- Add/Change the member profile picture.
- Class purchase experience: How to purchase a class?
- How much are the classes?
- What is the “$1 class”?
- Refund policy – Please refer to the terms of service.
- Who to contact?
FAQ for Instructors
- fitnessforpeople.com is a platform. What is that exactly?
- Why do you want to teach in fitnessforpeople.com?
- What is the business model?
- How to include streaming services for my classes?
- Which streaming services should I use?
- How much do I get paid?
- When will I get paid?
- How do I get paid from the classes I taught?
- How many classes can I teach?
- How many participants can I invite to my classes? Is there a limit?
- Is there a time limit for my classes or can I teach 60/75 or 90 minutes?
- Is there a difference in the length of class time?
- Can I schedule classes parallel to other schedules?
- Is there a market strategy to bring my clients to fitnessforpeople.com?
- How much can I charge my clients? Are all the instructors charging the same rate?
- Is there a way to charge clients in other formats besides individual classes?
- Is there an unlimited membership to use either my or all classes offered on fitnessforpeople.com?
- What is the cost for me to use this platform?
- Why do I need to teach a “$1” class? What is a “$1” class?
- What other offerings can I provide my clients using fitnessforpeople.com?
- How much is the membership for the instructor?
- Commission and schedule.
- How to add a class?
- Upselling to earn more money with a class and a product?
- How to check your new orders and handle shipping?
- Refund policy.
- How to find technical support?
- How to give my bank information for commission payout?
- Is it possible to set up a class for $0?
- How to set up the sale price of my class or product?
- How to simplify my Add/Edit product form?
- How to add a class (part of the upsell marketing strategy)(Video)?
- How to add a product (part of the upsell marketing strategy) (Video)?
- How to add/upload videos to YouTube?
- How to add a recorded class as a digital product (Video)?
- How to add a recorded class to the class schedule (Video)?
- How to deal with customers who purchase a class more than one time unintentionally?
- Why nobody come to my class or why I am not making any sales?
- How to create a FaceBook event to market my classes?
- How to promote a FaceBook event to market my classes?
- I have existing YouTube, Zumba, other streaming classes already setup. Can I setup classes on fitnessforpeople.com?
How to find sales and orders report?
1. Logged in as instructor.
2. Mouse over “For Instructors” menu from the “Top Menu”.
3. Select “Instructor Dashboard”.
4. You will see Sales Reports as well as Orders sections.
fitnessforpeople.com is a platform. What is that exactly?
- fitnessforpeople.com is a website, a platform to fulfill that vision.
- fitnessforpeople.com provides the tools for group fitness instructors to teach their classes on a global level.
- We give back to the world through this platform by offer classes that are affordable for participants so people can be mentally and physically healthy.
- With this platform, instructors can manage their own business and get paid for the work they put into their business.
- We want to create a global ‘studio’ to give instructors more exposure to the participant.
Why do you want to teach in fitnessforpeople.com?
fitnessforpeople.com provides a one-stop e-commerce service for instructors to set up their online fitness business and much more! No experience required.
- Schedule service. Instructors list their classes so the world can see.
- Payment service. Instructors can charge members for their works. Not just asking for unpredictable income sources. Payment service allows members to pay instructors by charging their credit cards.
- Unlimited earning potential #1. Teach as many classes as possible with the rate you want. There is a list of recommended rates that you can choose from. This is to ensure we have a standard across the schedule, better for accounting and not confusing members.
- Unlimited earning potential #2. Selling e-products and merchandise.
This gives the ability to instructors to earn money 24/7 even when they are sleeping. For example, Zumba branded clothing. People in Zumba classes love to wear those clothes in classes. It is fun and people who sell clothes earn lots of money out of it. You can do that too.
- Growing your followers. “Cross pollen effect”. Like in a shopping mall. Many shops, good or bad, more traffic into the mall and hence more chance of gaining traffic or followers to you. More followers mean more potential income.
- Social commitments. Be a better instructor beyond just teaching classes for yourself but to serve the public. One of our goals is to provide affordable classes for people who cannot afford the price of typical classes and gym membership around the world. fitnessforpeople.com encourages instructors to offer affordable classes. It is also a great marketing method for increase their followers.
What is the business model?
- fitnessforpeople.com is a service provider.
- fitnessforpeople.com provides services to instructors.
- fitnessforpeople.com charges instructors for a service fee. Please see the Commission section for more details.
- fitnessforpeople.com is not hiring any instructors to teach. Instructors are welcome to join and leave as they choose, meaning there is no contract or commitment. It is free to join.
- Instructors who listed their classes, products, and services need to follow all the rules, regulations, terms of service as well as privacy policies.
How to include streaming services for my classes?
You can include any streaming information in your online class setup. Click here to see how you add streaming information into your class schedule information.
Which streaming services should I use?
We are streaming service platform independent. You can use Zoom, Zumba, YouTube, …etc.
How many classes can I teach?
As many as you can unless management of fitnessforpeople.com disagree.
Is there a time limit for my classes or can I teach 60/75 or 90 minutes?
We will be offering 60 and 75 mins for classes to standardize the length of the classes across the schedule and not to confuse members.
Is there a difference in the length of class time?
Not technically. However, members pay one amount for a class, not by hours.
Can I schedule classes parallel to other instructors or will I need to choose another timeslot?
Yes you can.
What is the marketing strategy to bring my clients to the Fitness for People platform
1. Instructors bring their students by marketing their own classes via:
– Their own contacts and network.
– Social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. For example, FaceBook Events.
2. Coupons, free classes for existing followers from instructors.
3. Every instructor will offer one class per week for $1. This class is designed to bring more participants into the community as a ‘feeder class’.
4. fitnessforpeople.com will market to social media as a site that gives back to the world by offering affordable classes to everyone in the world. This will bring new members to fitnessforpeople.com. More people to fitnessforpeople.com and more opportunities for new students to instructors’ classes.
5. We create communities where members and instructors motivate each other to attend/offer more classes, and with that grow within the community
How much can I charge my clients? Are all instructors charging the same rate?
Our standard online classes are either $5 or $10. Masterclasses are $20. Instructors can create special seminars or workshops for up to $100. The rate of the class is up to each individual instructor who understands his or her quality and popularity.
Is there a way to charge packages besides individual classes?
1. Master classes, seminars, and workshops.
2. Certifications, offering AFAA / ACE / ACSM CEUs.
– Recorded classes.
– Physical or digital merchandise
Is there an unlimited membership to use either my or all classes offered on fitnessforpeople.com?
Not at this time.
What is the cost for me to use this platform?
Why do I need to teach a “$1” class once a week?
1. To give back the community and society. We differentiate our site to others by allowing people to access affordable classes so they become mentally and physically healthy.
2. “Cross pollen” effects – affordable classes bring more members to the site. Members will try out different classes that improve the instructors’ chance to attract new members.
3. It is one of the requirements to teach a “$1 class” once a month for instructors who list their classes, services, and products in fitnessforpeople.com. It is recommended to teach a “$1 class” once a week to build your followers.
4. Click here for details about the “$1 class”.
How many participants can I invite to my classes? Is there a limit?
There is no limit to our platform. However, there may be a limit to the number of participants in your streaming services.
What other options does the platform offer me and my clients
fitnessforpeople.com offers live/recorded classes/workshops, digital/physical products, coaching, communities.
What is Instructor membership and how much is it?
It is free for now.
Click here to see the details.
1. Non-urgent issues. Response time: 3 days.
– Method: Email.
2. Urgent issues. 1 day.
– Method: Email.
– Example of an urgent issue. You have a class within one day and the link does not work.
Is it possible to set up a class for $0?
Oh yes! You can do pretty much everything to earn money through this platform’s e-commerce feature.
Why do you want to create a “$0 class”?
One of the many reasons is to attract members to come to your class to get to know you more and hope to make them your followers.
Another reason is to upsell products that you are selling through our website. For example, you can have a free class, a “$0 class” which is a nutrition workshop teaching how to make green smoothies. In the class, you use a specific blender for demonstration and tell your audience that they can purchase it from fitnessforpeople.com. They buy it, and you pocket the money.
How to deal with customers who purchase a class more than one time unintentionally?
Instructors should deal with their customers directly. We recommend two ways to deal with this in order of preference:
- Contact your customer, tell your customer that you will send the streaming information of another class with equal value. This is the easiest way.
- Contact fitnessforpeople.com administrator to start a refund process of classes. Make sure you specify which classes, and the amount involved. Please note that based on our official refund policy, your customer will not receive the full amount of refund. This may potentially cause issues and confusion with your customer.
I have existing YouTube, Zumba, FaceBook, Instagram, or other streaming classes already setup. Can I set up classes on fitnessforpeople.com?
Yes. fitnessforpeople.com is streaming technology independent platform. We do not care which streaming services you use for your classes.
However, if the streaming service information is public such as YouTube, then you may have people watching your classes without paying. This will impact your revenue.
Use case #1. You already have online live class via Zoom and accepting donation. You can simply start creating classes in fitnessforpeople.com. Instead of giving out the Zoom link for free, you can include the same streaming information. You will no longer share the link for free. Just give out the link of your class in the typical social media email or post. So your customers can pay you for your hard work.
Use case #2. You can potentially setup one camera for Instagram and one camera for another stream service which charge customers. For example, you send Zoom link to your paid customers via fitnessforpeople.com, and only interact with customers from Zoom. I have seen this alot in Instagram feed these days.
How to find out information about my sales?